07-02-2026, 04:59 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2026, 08:18 AM by RoyTarpleysGhost.)
(07-01-2026, 09:46 PM)Smitty Wrote: They certainly spent assets. A FRP and 2 SRP’s on an oft-injured Big is not nothing. Sure, he’s 25... So it’s reasonable on that front. But he’s not a starter. Or at least he hasn’t been. 82 starts in 278 career games.
Most on here have already labeled him a great shooter, but he’s worse than PJ.
PJW 35.4% on 4.8 attempts per game.
Aldama 34.6% on 4.1 attempts per game.
I will root for him, but acting like assets weren’t spent and that he’s the shooting 4 we need next to Flagg is something…
I think timeline talk is silly. Shouldn’t we be getting future assets in a rebuild if that were the case?
Thank you for your reasonable take. Everyone thinks I'm just being a dick but this is a meh move. Sending out 3 picks for another backup big is something. Maybe it will all make sense if they can trade PJ, Gafford, or both.
I'm glad everyone (including Mavs2021) has become Mr. Sunshine all of a sudden but so far I'm not impressed. Most people were not on board with sending out these picks for Kawhi Leonard, but for Sandi Aldama oh wow great job.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)