07-01-2026, 12:52 PM
(07-01-2026, 12:48 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm sure I'm not the first person to think about this, and it might have even been discussed already (if so, sorry), but Middleton's Bird rights are interesting to me this morning.
Is there anything of value in Miami that would be appropriate compensation for facilitating a deal at above the veteran minimum? I assume he wanted to stay here after the trade deadline in order to maintain his Bird rights, and the Mavs paid a high cost to grant that wish for him, so it sticks in my craw a bit that the world is suddenly assuming he's fine with taking the vet minimum. Maybe they have an exception he can be traded into for a 2nd or two, even?
Anything?
I was thinking about him as well. Maybe minimum is all there is for him, but he wanted to hold on to his bird rights last year. Maybe Miami is the #1 option, but I thought he looked pretty good last year. Wouldn't he fit in with Detroit? Denver? And several other good teams. He seems pretty prideful and even though he has made a ton of money I could see him wanting something more.
Would you bring him back to Dallas? With our roster now, I would say no unless there was some changes.

