Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111
(02-23-2020, 03:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(02-23-2020, 03:01 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Mavs were not getting consistent offense out of that look and gave up ridiculously easy baskets on the other end.

BINGO.
This. This and so much this. I think rick overthinks too much sometimes thats my only excuse for him. He tries too much experimenting even of lineups that should clearly never go together for long. 

Also the secret is out that in the 4th quarter teams play tight on the perimeter against us because even when a player gets in the paint, they are probably gonna try to kick it out for a 3 and get it picked off. MIX IT UP! And this is both when we have Luka/KP or when they rest.

Lastly
JJ is a SG. SF even is a stretch. He should never find himself playing PF or C.
DFS is a SG/SF. PF for him is a stretch and he should never be playing defense on 5s
Delon/Curry should never be SF

To get the best yield from our players, we need to play our 5s for rebounding/screen setting/paint defense and paint touches. They should be flanked by a SG,SF,PF,and PG. None of our guards are elite enough ball handlers
RIP Kobe.... so sad man. Cry Props to a legend man even though you killed my favorite team(s) too many times to count!! 

Hurts everytime I throw somethin away yellin KOBE!! now but will eventually make me smile too Sad
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111 - by dmavs4life03 - 02-23-2020, 09:44 PM