Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111
I understand people are frustrated about losing to the lowly Hawks. I'm frustrated, too. I don't understand how we roast Carlisle about going small, when Luka, Kristpas and WCS were out and Maxi as the lonely big man didn't have enough fouls to make it til the end of the game. I highly doubt the injury rest for our two stars was a Carlisle-only decision and whatever WCS personal reasons for being out where, I also doubt this was a Rick-only decision.

MKG looked rusty, slow and gassed in both games, Orlando and Atlanta and doesn't seem to be in game shape. I can't see how he would have helped. Boban, in is few minutes, didn't look good and the game strategy to double Tray Young required mobile players, not a slow footed 7'4'' giant. By the way: The strategy helped the shorthanded Mavs, who were playing 5 vs 8 at times, and lost their starting point guard after 10 seconds to a non-reviewed flagrant to a comfortable lead for most of the game until they ran out of gas and out of Maxi.

They where victims of a bad goal-tending coal and unexpected ruling on the review a few seconds before the end, Hardaway, a very solid free shooter missed two freethrows  in the clutch. And most fellow comments in this thread focus on the coach. Really!?

With all the unfortunate circumstances it was a surprise, they nearly won - even if the fine first half got our hopes up.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111 - by Jannemann2 - 02-23-2020, 01:48 PM