Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(02-22-2020, 11:35 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 11:05 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: You guys keep saying oh luka was out, or we'd be better if brunson played the whole game or blah blah blah. The point is our great coach cant see that when he takes out our paint defending/screen setting, rebounding bigs.... the other team attacks the paint with ease changing the momentum of the game and then Rick and you defenders of him say something like if we made our FTs or started better we would win the game. WE WOULD WIN THE GAME IF WE PLAYED PEOPLE AT THE RIGHT POSITION AND DID MORE THAN COACH FOR 3 PT SHOT ATTEMPTS. Tonight and several times this season, guys have had passes picked off because they drove and got all the way to the hoop or had a decent attempt from the FT area but tried to swing it out to the perimeter for a 3 and it gets picked off.  WE HAD THIS GAME AND PISSED IT AWAY!!! Luka and KP not playing had nothing to do with that. Its on RICK.

"The point is"

So you're point is the only one we can talk about? I don't think you know what I was talking about.

But regarding your point, it is not obvious to me that this team would be better If it played your rotation instead of Rick's.

What I think is that if the team plays poorly then the low hanging fruit for assigning blame is the thing that the coach does that is different from what you would do.
The sad thing is it seems to be the same thing every time. the loss vs denver, not having a big on the floor to contest jokic, vs hawks, not having a big to defend the paint and rebound to stop the bleeding, maybe set a screen for better looks, the 31 point debacle vs the raptors; not having a big on the floor to beat the trapping aggressive defense.

it happens in wins too its just that we are lucky that KP/Luka/THJ/Curry has the hot hand when they do. Rick has pissed away at least 6 wins this year maybe more and doesnt seem to be able to find the common denominator in those losses. Its like he worships the DAntoni style of coaching and cant see anything else. Maybe you guys like rocket basketball but I dont and more importantly, I've yet to see that style work for them and they have Harden the most floppingest ref rewarded superstar in the league.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by dmavs4life03 - 02-22-2020, 11:53 PM