Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O
(02-22-2020, 10:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(02-22-2020, 10:53 PM)Kammrath Wrote: This is the same pattern we have seen for months. The Mavs unable to finish. That game he said that, they had over 10 point lead in the 4th. Same issue. Just like tonight. That is all.

I completely agree that closing games is a problem. Not arguing that. But I'm sure Rick knows that as well. I'm sure the coaching staff is, and has been, working on that.  It's still a problem, especially with Luka out.

I might have had JJB out there. But they seem to want the younger guys to figure it out.
You guys keep saying oh luka was out, or we'd be better if brunson played the whole game or blah blah blah. The point is our great coach cant see that when he takes out our paint defending/screen setting, rebounding bigs.... the other team attacks the paint with ease changing the momentum of the game and then Rick and you defenders of him say something like if we made our FTs or started better we would win the game. WE WOULD WIN THE GAME IF WE PLAYED PEOPLE AT THE RIGHT POSITION AND DID MORE THAN COACH FOR 3 PT SHOT ATTEMPTS. Tonight and several times this season, guys have had passes picked off because they drove and got all the way to the hoop or had a decent attempt from the FT area but tried to swing it out to the perimeter for a 3 and it gets picked off.  WE HAD THIS GAME AND PISSED IT AWAY!!! Luka and KP not playing had nothing to do with that. Its on RICK. Angry
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by mtrot - 11-13-2019, 07:04 PM
RE: Coach Carlisle: All Things Rick - by Jym - 11-14-2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by Jym - 12-08-2019, 12:15 PM
RE: Coaching and Carlisle - Mavs X and O - by dmavs4life03 - 02-22-2020, 11:05 PM