06-16-2026, 05:31 PM
(06-16-2026, 05:23 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Winning is the draw to most fans. Even if you're not a real contender, a team fighting for the playoffs is a draw. A team that's giving up on the season in June is not a draw.
Agreed, and what I''m saying is: you yourself KNOW the team isn't going to win, and have said so. But NOW, you're using "winning" as the alternative to trading Kyrie. See what I mean?
I know you mean "winning" in a relative way here - I'm not trying to straw man you. I get your point. However, my pushback is that I believe when you experience the reality of just how little "winning" the team is about to do, even with Kyrie, you'll feel differently pretty quickly. This team probably won't win 40 games next season. How much fun could that possibly be?
Give me the path most likely to bring future 50-win seasons here faster, personally. I admit that it's not as simple as making a binary commitment to the younger players - there's still a ton you'd need to get right that's easy to get wrong, but...idk, I just want to feel like they're about the business of trying. For me, 25-30 wins with the ball in the hands of Brown Jr (for example) is quite a bit more exciting than 35-40 wins with the ball in Kyrie's hands. Someone will inevitably retort with some version of "it doesn't have to be either/or" and that's true, but for me (sorry about making another football reference), if you're going to draft the first round QB, you PLAY the first round QB. That's the exciting move, imho.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)