Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can we please be done with Kobe tributes?
At one one point, I think it was Magic talking, and he said "We lost a great member of our NBA family..." and I was like, for a second, "here we go again".  Those words are what you say when no one knows or you don't know any other way to start.  I felt bad for that reaction, but I've literally heard that speech, with those words of information, start a hundred times since Kobe's death.. When you get to that point, I think that's when you know that it's enough.

At some point, the law of diminishing returns kicks in and the tributes cease to honor Kobe and start to become trite and restated.  I think it's time to stop.

The truth is that during grief, people who make the biggest displays at funerals are usually the people who feel as though they didn't do what they should in life for the person they lost... Maybe, with that in mind, the real tribute to Kobe would be to be better about honoring great players that are still alive quicker and better.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can we please be done with Kobe tributes? - by TXBamanut - 02-18-2020, 08:35 AM