05-28-2026, 10:24 AM
I think it is important to remember what Zach Lowe said after the Mavs brought Masai on board. He said he is patient, but don't think that is a weakness. That he is a shark and when will attack when the deal is right.
Last year was so bad. Admittingly, I thought it would be better. Even with Flagg being better than I thought, the season stunk. I don't really blame Kidd for that. I think while moves will be made and maybe some aggressive moves, I think Masai will also see this as an opportunity to be competitive and also re-build value of some guys. He has that aura where he thinks he can improve play on the court. Maybe with his handpicked coach he also thinks this will put players in more advantageous positions.
I do expect some trades this offseason. Although, Masai may just take a step back and let things play out a little with the bet that a deal will eventually present itself.
Last year was so bad. Admittingly, I thought it would be better. Even with Flagg being better than I thought, the season stunk. I don't really blame Kidd for that. I think while moves will be made and maybe some aggressive moves, I think Masai will also see this as an opportunity to be competitive and also re-build value of some guys. He has that aura where he thinks he can improve play on the court. Maybe with his handpicked coach he also thinks this will put players in more advantageous positions.
I do expect some trades this offseason. Although, Masai may just take a step back and let things play out a little with the bet that a deal will eventually present itself.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)