05-15-2026, 01:38 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2026, 01:40 PM by JamesConway816.)
(05-15-2026, 11:41 AM)Smitty Wrote: I like the creativity. Obviously unrealistic. Maybe even a bit of "draft fever". BUT I have zero interest in trading Kyrie for a draft pick, unless it's top-4 (which isn't happening). I think Flagg needs a 'Kyrie' for the next step in his development. We could see a Luka-like year 2 leap with a running mate like Kai next to him. Everything the front office does going forward has to be about Flagg and his development. Bringing in 4 or 5 rookies like you suggested and shipping out already good to great players like Kyrie, PJ, Klay, and Max is going backwards, and not doing what's in the best interest for Cooper IMO.
Luka didnt have a player of Kyrie‘s level in his second year. He made that jump on his own. Flagg will have to do the same.
Keeping Kyrie around has become seriously overrated. You don’t have to move him just to get rid of him but if he is your pathway to another player that can be a longterm building block then by all means I hope they go for it.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)