Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 130, Kings 111
(02-13-2020, 11:52 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 11:23 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: It pains me to say this, but part of KP’s improved play is probably tied to Powell’s injury.

I had not put that together yet.....but, yes, you are absolutely correct I think. 

If Powell's injury forces Luka and KP to learn how to do pick and roll together, then in a strange way his injury may be one of the best things to happen to their careers.

Hard to think of DP's injury as a 'good thing' in any way but yes, the next man up oddly enough here means KP who was already the #2 player officially in the pecking order actually plays out that way more in reality. 

That brings up the DP future which will impact the Mavs quite significantly given his cap hit. 
I would hope that Dwight Powell is thinking heavily about sharpening his 3 point prowess.  It just doesn't seem realistic to think he can return as the same player he was, certainly not in his first season back. 

Can he do the Brook Lopez thing and become a sharp shooting big while still being the energizer bunny?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 130, Kings 111 - by Dahlsim - 02-13-2020, 12:32 PM