Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved
I wish cuban would never talk in public about Mavs affairs because between the media misquotes/sound bites, everyone who knows about him owning the team dislike him for some reason. If he could privately tell rick that our 3PG small ball isnt going to cut it though vs any of the other 7 teams in the playoffs..... that would be nice.We need to play 1 PG at a time (not counting luka) and maximize our size/length on the perimeter/inside along with some clever defensive schemes. Same with JJ at the 4, he's a 3 at best. 

KP/WCS/Boban- centers (Maxi can fill occasionally)
Maxi/WCS/MKG- PF (occasionally DFS or Luka)
DFS/MKG/Lee/THJ/JJ- SFs

THJ/Curry/Delon- SGs..... should not find themselves having to guard 6-6 - 6-8 players that are also 20plus pounds heavier. Thats a mismatch that is advantage other team 76% of the time.

Luka/Brunson/JJB/Delon- PGs.

This list is not to be taken as a ranking just positional play to best allow us to field a team capable of defending as best in space as a team, rebounding and mixing the offense up. Solid screens from capable bigs that offer a open mid range or collapse the defense by catching the ball in the paint helps make us unguardable compared to just passing the ball on the perimeter with a screen from a player who goes right back to the perimeter..... it lets good defenses just spread out and keep the ball on the perimeter til someone has to shoot a three and both they/we are forced to live with the results.

I wish we had kept Brokoff and waived JJ to be honest because what bro did was more impactful to team success with good positional defense/size/rebounding and more reliable 3s but whats done is done. We just need to accept the fact that for defense/rebounding and grinding out games we cant play 3 PGs and expect to grab that crucial rebound or not get switched onto and exploited for a late bucket/foul etc.
RIP Kobe.... so sad man. Cry Props to a legend man even though you killed my favorite team(s) too many times to count!! 

Hurts everytime I throw somethin away yellin KOBE!! now but will eventually make me smile too Sad
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved - by dmavs4life03 - 02-13-2020, 07:35 AM