Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved
We don't really know how these comments came about -- whether Mark and Rick talked to Luka together, or whether Rick asked Mark to do it. In any normal situation, the protocol should be that instructions about how to play on the court should be delivered by the coaching staff, not directly by the owner. In most cases, mentoring should be done privately, and not through the media. 

I think Cuban is one of the better owners in the league, but no one is perfect. He has exhibited a tendency over the years at times to go around the coaches in dealing with players, and talk too much to the media, which have often not ended well. Probably not an encouraging sign that it continues. 

Having said that, I think there will be minimal to no damage in this particular case. The advice could be looked at as a suggestion as to how to take Doncic's game to an even higher level, rather than a criticism calling attention to a deficiency. Luka is a professional, and I think that he will likely understand the intent, and act on it accordingly. 

Ideally, the owner would respect the chain of command and the sanctity of confidential constructive criticism of the players. However, if this is just who Cuban is, this one item is a relatively anodyne transgression.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cuban Says He's Had Conversation With Luka About Getting Teammates More Involved - by mavsluvr - 02-13-2020, 06:19 AM