Poll: Should Dallas figure out a trade for Pacers Domantas Sabonis?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.92%
7 26.92%
No
73.08%
19 73.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? (signs 4 yr/$77M deal w/ IND)
I'm in on Sabonis. Feels like a situation that's bound to end bad for Indy now that the word is out that they don't want to pay him. I struggle to see why they do it though. Solely on a statistical basis Sabonis + Turner actually played pretty well alongside each other last season:

Their two man lineups were +3.5 points per 100 possessions over 433 minutes.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pla...neups/2019

The year before was desastrous though....so maybe that left an impression on their GM/front office. Sabonis is not an elite roll man (50th percentile) but I think he has upside in that regard and also as a shooter. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sabonis become a really good pick and pop option out to the three point line, too.

SF: Luka
PF: Porzingis
C: Sabonis

would be the most skilled NBA frontcourt by quite a margin Imo. Endless BBIQ, all three guys able to post, pass and drive some and then if Sabonis shoots more while maintaining a good percentage then you'd have elite shooting, too. It's a questionmark for sure though as same as the defensive fit. Not a no-brainer by any means unfortunately.

Still, I like the idea of picking up a talented & productive player like him. I think he still has plenty of untapped potential. Age-wise he's a great fit and also seems like a high character, high BBIQ guy.

(10-21-2019, 10:00 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: 2018-2019 opened with Doncic starting next to DSJ, Mathews, DAJ and DFS.

2019-2020 will open Doncic starting next to four new players, at least two of which didn't play a single game for the Mavs last year.

I think we need to let this team play together and re-assess what's needed over the course of the season.
Fair point, also I doubt Sabonis will get traded anytime soon. I expect this to drag out for a while.

But later in the season, somewhen after Christmas and with the TDL looming later on I wouldn't rule it out. Our team isn't a finished product by any means and we'll have to be opportunistic given the limited ressources we currently possess.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? - by JamesConway - 10-21-2019, 11:53 AM