Poll: Should Dallas figure out a trade for Pacers Domantas Sabonis?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
26.92%
7 26.92%
No
73.08%
19 73.08%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? (signs 4 yr/$77M deal w/ IND)
As always, it depends on the price. We have to give something significant to get him. We don't have 1st round picks to trade (and we should never trade picks thus far) so it has to be players.
We have few young assets in Brunson/JJ. Solid U-30 rotation players in Maxi/DP. Trade fillers in DFS. May be even Wright if he doesn't show 3PT% and Sabonis is available.

I won't trade Brunson because I think he has a future as starting PG in this league, and won't trade Maxi as I see him our glue guy on defense, especially if he shoot decent from 3PT line. 
Sabonis is a guy who can get us buckets, his 3PT % is good but under very selective shooting. He is one of the best passer among big men. And I think his defense isn't that bad.
He can be -for me- a guy like Harford for Sixers. he can provide a good fit with KP (even from the bench) but a great replacement when we load manage him (which is clear we are going to do). 
I love DP rim rolling etc, but frontcourt of Maxi/DP won't win us many games when KP is resting games. Sabonis/Maxi on the other hand gives us bigger chance.

There should be also a realistic number for his next contract. 

So bottom line for me, it is all about the price, a tons of factors need to be aligned for us to get him and make him worth it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Dallas trade for Domantas Sabonis? - by khaled1987 - 10-20-2019, 09:21 PM