Poll: Who will win the game? (Rockets 9.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
20.00%
1 20.00%
Rockets
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 48: DAL (29-19) @ HOU (30-18) | 121-128 loss
(02-01-2020, 11:37 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Also, for the most part, when KP was in, their guards drove the lane and either took it back out or passed it out. Not much testing of the 7'3" guy. Replace that with 7'4" Boban when he goes out, and I think it's more of the same thing pretty much. If we were to cut off their layups and points in the paint all game, I think that makes all the difference in the world.

Those drives collapse the defense and kicking it out to open shooters is exactly what Houston wanted to do. With Boban not able to step out of the paint to guard a hot 3-point shooter or stay in front of the only non shooter (Westbrook) I don´t think that would have worked. KP has more mobility and can contain the drive.
Watching the Mavs this season they tend to switch to a zone defense when Boban enters the floor. Doing their best to keep him out of any pick and roll action. Downside is that they expose the perimeter and that´s not really an option against a team that is hitting 20+ 3s.
The Mavs went small to prevent the initial penetration and attempted to switch the pick and roll. They wanted to avoid a defensive collapse at all costs.
Game plan obviously did not work because the Mavs don´t have the personal. Even if they go small they cannot stop the drive because the Mavs guards cannot stay in front of anyone.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 48: DAL (29-19) @ HOU (30-18) | 121-128 loss - by dirkfansince1998 - 02-01-2020, 12:04 PM