Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Dejounte Murray to NOP | Dyson Daniels+Larry Nance+ 2 FRPs to ATL
(06-28-2024, 06:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Thinking about this trade:

New Orleans got a relative steal considering what some stars are going for. 2025 Lakers FRP doesn't seem valuable right now but I'm dubious in the health of that team. Especially since they were kind of hoping for a Murray trade themselves. I think losing Dyson Daniels is going to hurt them more than they think. He was a premier perimeter defender and one of the few guys in the league that can effectively guard Luka. Losing Nance also will surprise them imo. He was their Zion insurance. Now they're relying on 3rd string guys as of now to backup Zion.

Pelicans are also in a bit of a pickle after this trade imo. They have literally ZERO centers. Zero front court depth. But its balanced by some of the deepest forward rotation in the league. They are certainly not done. They are 100% going to trade Ingram and move Jones/Murphy up in the rotation. I also expect them to move on from McCollum. I think they can be a sneaky Brook Lopez+Bobby Portis team and they send Ingram to the East. Suddenly they look much more balanced.

Still health will always plague the Pelicans. I'm also unsure of how effective a Murray-led team will be. I know he's a great 2-way player, but he's definitely in the B-tier of stars and isn't even a top 25 guy.

For Atlanta: What the fuck are you thinking...? You've been dangling Murray for about 12 months now and this is the best package you come up with? I'm surprised. Secondly there is no way they aren't going to try and rebuild on the fly. They are not tanking next year (at least not by choice). I expect those 2 firsts they got will be packaged along with some of their other pieces like Capela+Bogdanovic and be sent to some team for a distressed player they think they can rehab. Who that is I'm not sure right now (Beal...?)

Can the East PLEASE stop sending all the good players over to the West?

Can the East PLEASE stop sending all the good players over to the West?      This shit is uncanny isn't it.?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Dejounte Murray to NOP | Dyson Daniels+Larry Nance+ 2 FRPs to ATL - by HoosierDaddyKidd - 06-28-2024, 07:03 PM