Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Bojan+ Haul of Picks to BRK | Mikal Bridges to NYK
I can't stop thinking about this trade. Utterly fascinating.

Bridges is a difference making role player - about as "premium" as non-stars get, so I think we all understand the positives for NY, and that's before even getting into the Nova element of it all. This will be one of the more interesting exercises in team chemistry the NBA has ever seen. Plus, it seems like NY is another team throwing their hats in the "get all the wings" ring, where teams like LAC, BOS and TOR have all gone before them. I REALLY like that style of roster construction.

Having said all of that, I think it's an extremely irresponsible trade. Does everyone realize that the 2025, 2027, 2029 and 2031 picks are ALL completely unprotected? I mean, I'm as big a believer in Jalen Brunson as the next guy (probably bigger), but given the data many have shared around here about the sharp late-career decline of small guards, do we think it's likely that he's going to be very good in 2031? How about 2029, even? I could understand a deal like this for someone like Devin Booker, maybe, but Bridges...idk if that's enough to push this many future altering chips forward.

And yet...who else would they be waiting for? Mitchell doesn't make sense for them, anymore. If you believe all the smoke out there today about Durant being on the block, you'd have to think NY chose this path instead of that one, fully knowing what they were doing, since it seems to have led HOU to give BRK their draft control back (there's no way BRK makes this deal without the foreknowledge that this would happen). From that POV, I just don't know what I'd have had NY do instead. Still, unprotected in 2031? I believe they're the first team to trade a pick in 2031, and they did it for a premier role player.

This is a fascinating time in the NBA.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool, Lukedoncic
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Bojan+ Haul of Picks to BRK | Mikal Bridges to BRK - by KillerLeft - 06-26-2024, 11:10 AM