Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: OKC gets Caruso | CHI gets Giddey
(06-21-2024, 04:21 PM)mvossman Wrote: I don't hate the trade for Chicago, especially if the directive is to get better instead of complete tear down (A directive I do question).  My point was simply that I don't think the opportunity cost was as high as being reported.  My guess is they could have gotten two crappy firsts, or a first and a young player (like Green + 25) and Giddey makes sense compared to that.  Honestly the only team this trade sucks for is Dallas.

Right. I understood your point. 

MY point is that if Chicago could've gotten two crappy firsts but didn't sell Caruso for that, then maybe the "opportunity cost" for Dallas might actually have been as high as we feared. It's not like Dallas has a potential Lonzo Ball replacement lying around to offer, know what I mean?

In other words, the request for 4 firsts might have been true, but just a way of saying "not for sale," in which case, yes, anyone not offering Josh Giddey really might have had to pay DEARLY for Caruso. Every team's agenda is different.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: OKC gets Caruso | CHI gets Giddey - by KillerLeft - 06-21-2024, 04:32 PM