Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-28-2024, 12:52 PM)mvossman Wrote: It would be great if Maxi can play and contribute, but its nice to have Powell if that is not the case.  I realize he is a significant downgrade from Lively, but folks seem to be forgetting that we beat this team with Powell starting earlier this season.  If Powell does play, I expect the usual from him.  Some missed rebounds and open lanes to the basket accompanied by a ton of bashing from Mavs fans while the on/off shows he didn't really hurt us while on the court.

One thing I'm looking forward to with Powell is his ability to navigate the short roll. He's probably our closest big that can match Lively in being able to make the right reads.

His rebounding and rim protection though, as always, leaves a lot to be desired. Still, he only has to play spot minutes until Gafford is ready to go.

Hopefully he can have a legacy rebounding game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-28-2024, 12:59 PM