Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-28-2024, 01:50 AM)Knutsen Wrote: We won‘t, but I think the game in march that we won in Denver was a good indicator how the series could have gone. 

We badly outrebounded them and Luka, Kyrie and our two centers where scoring. 

We kept Murray inefficient, and that was before he was hobbled and before we where really in sync defensively. 

We were even keeping Jokic ineffecient, but I wouldn‘t bet on that in a playoff series. But Kyrie and Luka where also less efficient then they usually are, so that would have evened out.

If Jokic goes absolutely ballistic for 4 games and is by far the best player on the floor over Luka and Kyrie Denver could have won, but I‘d like our chances the way we are clicking on D and Luka and Kyrie are cooking right now. 

So in total most of the games would also have been close, with a better chance of Denver winning them with Jokic and a clutch Murray than Minnesota has. And that’s really been the difference against Minnesota, that we are much, much better in the last 5 minutes of close games.

And it took a running left handed hook shot by Kyrie to beat them the last time they played. So what's your point?  I don't think the Mavs handle Denver the way they've handled the Wolves. The matchups are different.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-28-2024, 06:39 AM