Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-27-2024, 12:29 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Thanks for being here, EGrant, we're glad to have you. 

Try not to take the Gobert stuff personally. This board has been arguing over Gobert for a decade now. That's not a wolves-bashing agenda. I'd bet a ton of money there's a fair amount of Gobert debate going on at whatever Wolves community you frequent right about now, too.

This is like any other corner of the internet. There's smart people, knuckleheads, trolls and just folks who are generally jerks. Some of us can be all of the above, depending on the day you tip in to read. 

I have become a HUGE Anthony Edwards fan (can't bring myself to call him ANT, sorry) and think your team has a bright future. If you're sensing some negativity towards him, it's because our guy, who, as you said, is a generational talent, is not taken as seriously as he should be nationally due to the resentment of some in American basketball that European players are taking over the sport. All those ex-players SHOULD be proud that they built a product so great that all of the world's children dream of playing in this league, just like American kids do, but a great many of them don't seem to see it that way, for whatever reason. As possibly the best young, African-American rising star, I think many of us feel like Edwards is being overly hyped somewhat, especially this early, and it's tough not to feel like that comes at the expense of Luka getting the respect he deserves (because it literally does. They're asking questions about which is better on every talk show, which is obviously ludicrous). I think some people's (not mine) instinct is to want Edwards to fail. Personally, I don't think that's necessary for me to enjoy Luka's greatness. 

...unless he's playing the Mavs in the WCF, in which case I definitely hope he fails, lol, but hopefully you get where I'm coming from.

For sure. As referenced in previous posts, i just really enjoy NBA basketball and watch every game that I feasibly can. I didn't mean for my post to come across as me taking the Rudy stuff personally. Like I said, I've been on plenty of other teams forums, and this is the easiest to stomach even with my boys getting their a**es kicked. Rudy is just an odd dude and is still hated by quite a few Wolves fans due to his extreme shortcomings.

I completely get where you're coming from with the Luka stuff. I wish it wasn't that way, I certainly don't see it that way. He's can't miss TV. I personally think some of the "hatred" for Luka is the post whistle shenanigans, the whining (right or wrong). The Ant stuff? Tons is media driven IMO, obviously hasn't been helped by some comments he's made from time to time, but some of that stuff is the stuff you hope he figures out as his career evolves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes EGrant23's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by EGrant23 - 05-27-2024, 12:41 AM