Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-25-2024, 06:19 PM)Jmaciscool Wrote: Like what? The quote that was in your post seemed good to me.

Like this portion of the quote below, I felt it was unneeded.

"I don’t take it for granted because I played with one of the greatest of all time, arguably the greatest of all time… I want to be supportive and continue to be an all-time great next to him, continue to show him the ropes, and let him continue to fly."

What's the need to talk about Lebron here? Or even to refer to himself an all-time great? Sounds more like grandstanding, when the focus of this particular answer or to this particular question should have fully been on Luka and what a wonderful player and team-mate he is.

It reminds of that time when Shaq was asked something about Penny after winning 2 or 3 rings with Kobe. And Shaq stupidly said that Penny was the greatest player he had been on a team with, instead of giving Kobe his proper flowers. That was silly, especially because it was Kobe who finally helped Shaq win his first ring. That answer upset Kobe, who then stopped being a team player and started playing more selfishly to improve his own legacy. Now Luka is not going to do that, but I just feel that Kyrie bringing up Lebron here is unneeded.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by RGP1981 - 05-26-2024, 04:12 AM