Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-25-2024, 07:05 PM)Smitty Wrote: I would love for you to be right. I think it was ‘03 against Portland that the Mavs were up 3-0 and I thought it was over. Mavs eventually won in 7. I just hate all the talk is all. I don’t remember the exact number but something like Mavs have led 12 of the 96 minutes. Heroics in the clutch is the difference and the Mavs have certainly earned the 2 wins but I think it’s far from over is all.

My only confidence is that after game 1, Kyrie in his TNT interview was asked "What does winning game 1 mean to you and for the series?" And he said; "In 30 minutes, this will mean nothing."

I hope even after a crazy Luka game winner and an 18 point comeback they keep that same energy. Kidd said they did do something this time in the locker room and that was winning 2 on the road. And he's right. Winning both on the road is huge.

But so is closing out the series. I'm with you. I've said it before but I'll say it again, this Minny team scares the shit out of me. So much so that I'd rather have faced Denver than Minny. I don't take them lightly. No one else should either and any Celtics matchup talk should cease until the Mavs are through. 

Game 3 is going to be a huge mental battle. Hopefully the Mavs are prepared for it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKidd, Jmaciscool, Lukedoncic, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-25-2024, 11:48 PM