Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-24-2024, 02:28 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Ant’s big games can be soul crushing.  He doesn’t seem to have quiet big games like SGA did, or like Luka and Kai sometimes will.  You feel every one of his baskets when he’s in rhythm.  

He’s in a little stretch here where he hasn’t been good in 3 of his last 4 games, with the exception being the 45 point beat down in Game 6.  

He’s shot 17-55 in Games 5, 7, and Game 1.  That 6-24 performance would have gotten totally different coverage if the Nuggets don’t blow that lead. 

He’s 22.  This is his first rodeo.  It will be fascinating to see if he’s ready to put the bad performances behind him and be the type of bounce back player Luka is.  I could see it going either way with such a young and playoff inexperienced player.  Maybe the scoring struggles snowball on him, or maybe he responds with one of those signature games.

He’s an elite talent and I love his swagger.  I hope this first go round is just a bit too big for him but I’m definitely not holding my breath!

I suspect he’ll have a better career if he learns humility early.  Replace that swagger and braggadocio with some respect and teachability.
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by DallasMaverick - 05-24-2024, 04:00 PM