Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-24-2024, 01:05 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm sorry but you don't hang 33 on a team in the first quarter when you're exhausted from the previous series, either mentally or physically. The Mavs didn't play to their potential either so I think they find out tonight that the Mavs are the better team and we go up 2-0. Had they ended up beating us, none of the exhausted or effort stuff would have ever been mentioned. It's an inexperienced team that doesn't know what it takes at this level and just because they want to play better doesn't mean that we can't also. Mavs go up 2-0 tonight!

Listen they knocked out the defending champs. That alone grants them some credence in "what it takes at this level." They didn't even fold when Denver stormed back and went up 3-2. 

Minny is tough. They scare the shit out of me. But I agree, the Mavs didn't really have a great game all things considered. If they had an average shooting game they probably win that game by 10-12 points. I don't expect Minny to hit 18 threes again. They've only hit 14 or more threes 3 times so far in the playoffs, including against Dallas. They're usually good for 10-12 a game. 

6 less threes and keeping the defense strong in the paint could really make life hard for Minny. I hope Dallas is ready for them!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-24-2024, 01:42 PM