Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-23-2024, 09:10 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: We need to win it all this year. It could be our best chance in the Luka-Kyrie Era

The West is so stacked and will be better next year. OKC will be a force for years when they add the right pieces (maybe as soon as this summer).

Now is our time

Although it is true that the West could be even better next season, I think we'll improve as a team as well.  

PJ Washington has fit in seamlessly post-trade but I think Gafford will benefit from training camp reps and more time with this current roster.

Young guys like Jaden Hardy and Josh Green should improve (maybe Luka as well?)

I think Kidd has room to improve as a coach and expect some growth there.  

Most importantly, Dereck Lively is on a trajectory to become a defensive star.  I think he's two seasons away from being a top-5 defensive player in the NBA.  His rebounding will improve as he gets stronger.  His offensive game has plenty of room for growth.  He is so much better than I thought he would be when we drafted him.  Tyson Chandler is the common comparison but Lively actually has the potential to be so much better than Tyson.  I'm calling it now-  Lively will be a top-20 player in the NBA in 3 years.   

In summary, I think the Mavericks will also improve next season.  I also think the Western Conference teams relying on aging superstars will continue to fall off- the Lakers, Warriors, Clippers and Suns.  Two of those will be replaced in the playoffs/play-in by the Grizzlies and the Rockets.  The Mavericks are currently one of the top-4 teams in the NBA and barring major injuries, will finish with a top four record next season.
[-] The following 2 users Like surfpuckmd's post:
  • mvossman, The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by surfpuckmd - 05-24-2024, 11:27 AM