Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-23-2024, 06:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: But the Mavs will just initiate a pick to get the switch they want. If they blitz, then the Mavs have the Wolves 4 on 3 and that's exactly where they want them. 

Their issue is Conley doesn't meet the required height, quickness, or strength to reliably guard Kyrie.  In his lone appearance in the regular season against the Wolves in January and he shot 3/4 on Conley. (He was 5/6 against Ant that game)

I think the Wolves are going to be forced to put in McDaniels or NAW on Kyrie early and try KAT on Luka. If that happens Luka has to get KAT in as much foul trouble as possible.

I get it. Believe me. They don’t have a good option. I didn’t foresee that to be honest but it’s plainly obvious to me that they can’t keep ANT on Kyrie the whole game. 

Even when he was guarding Kai, he got cooked. They just let Conley get cooked in the same way and hope ANT brings it on the other end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by Smitty - 05-23-2024, 06:55 PM