Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
(05-23-2024, 03:11 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: For sure, Edwards wants to get deeper and did it time and time again against the Nugs but I'm curious how much that holds up against our defense.  Last night he certainly seemed to have something going on in his head considering he only had 2 shots of the rim but you know he'll come out trying to change that game 2.  What we have that Denver didn't is TWO great rim protectors to greet him there.  And the difference now is instead of those bigs having to leave Chet on the perimeter (where he just missed everything anyway) to meet drivers at the rim, they will simply be leaving the most offensively inept center this league has seen since Ben Wallace.

I think not only do we have two great rim protectors, but even our wings are strong off ball rim protectors. DJJ and PJ's athleticism allows them to cover so much airspace. Even if they are beat and are behind the play, you can't just go up and extend around our big men because DJJ/PJ will be there. It basically forces the offensive player to have enough athleticism to not only blow by the perimeter guy, but have enough vertical ability to go over our big guys. Edwards CAN do that, but that is a very tall order to ask of him to do every single time down. 

DJJ had a crazy block on SGA in the previous series because Gafford made him think twice and it let DJJ just come from behind and swat it. The Chet block in game 5 where DJJ just extends and blocks Chet's 3 is another example of his length.

Denver didn't have that.

Now Edwards is a freak of nature. I don't expect him to only attempt 2 shots at the rim again. But the Mavs certainly have the tools to make his life a lot harder than in the Denver series.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-23-2024, 06:35 PM