Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
Noah Weber (@noahweber00)
Dallas Mavericks guard Kyrie Irving on when the switch flipped on him being a leader and his leadership as a whole:

“Last summer when we got exited from the playoff contention and I’m watching my peers go for a chance at winning the golden trophy…You get motivation from failure…This year I really focused on doing the little things, and if my points came, they came, but I wanted to make sure we felt good as a team after every single game and we got to be honest with each other, we had a lot of long meetings with J-Kid, sometimes it felt like therapy…Once I saw we had a chance, I was like well I’m not going to take this for granted, so every single day I remind those guys what it’s like to fail, what it’s like to get to that mountain top…”

https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1793485395302195245

Great interview by Kyrie
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • Jmaciscool
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-22-2024, 11:12 PM