Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-1!
Gripes for the day, post-OKC.

Kind of tired of seeing all Minny chosen in the predictions, but then I don't think many gave DAL much chance in the last round either. Hope it's motivation.

Lot of talk about how fantastic it was for MIN to overcome 20 point deficit to win. Nobody references DAL overcoming 17 point deficit in their elimination game.

Lots of analysis using seasonal rankings for offense, defense, point differential, etc. Haven't seen any recognition that the current DAL team is NOT a reflection of last season's averages. Maybe post-TDL would be more valid, but I haven't seen any "expert" using that data. IMO, very little of the national coverage recognizes the magnitude of the change after the trades.

For some reason, the consensus is that MIN length will bother Luka, but I think he averaged 36/6/10 in the two games he played against MIN this year. Give him multiple games against the same team and you will see him explode in a way that will remind everyone just how good he really is.

That said, I really belive this team, although centered on Luka, is more than just Luka. The team play they have built over the last few months is something that doesn't really show in the stats. At least, other than the one that really counts, wins. MIN will find out that over committing to stopping Luka will cost them in other ways.

Thanks for listening. I feel better now.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • SleepingHero, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks - by michaeltex - 05-21-2024, 09:18 AM