Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
(05-20-2024, 09:02 PM)mvossman Wrote: Nellie & Donnie struck gold twice and it should have been 3 times (well documented that Cuban stopped Donnie from drafting Giannis).  Who knows what other things were screwed up by Cuban meddling, including trading a lot of our picks.  Most of the picks were late first rounders as well.

Nico first two years here were a disaster.  The list is long of terrible moves, the worst being not offering Brunson an extension.  I mostly blame Cuban for this.  Why bring in a guy with no FO experience to run the show?  The disaster of last season may have been enough for Cuban to both bring in somebody with actual legit FO experience (Lindsey) and back away a little bit.  I'm hesitant to say they threaded the needle perfectly though.  Williams was a miss and they were saved from themselves on Kuz.

I’ll give you that Cuban’s meddling, especially after the 2011 championship, played a role in who we drafted… Giannis as you mentioned being the biggest flub.  However, Donnie/Nellie made a lot of questionable picks which had nothing to do with Cuban. 

Obviously it was a slow start for Nico, and his hands were tied by Cuban, I believe, in regard to the Brunson extension. (Also there were some other factors at play there.) But over these last 14 months he has done an amazing job.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by OBX Maverick - 05-20-2024, 11:27 PM
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by raf - 05-19-2024, 09:47 PM