Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
(05-20-2024, 02:32 AM)audiosway Wrote: I think that's it. Indy has picked some good young guys. Donnie had some great picks but then also had some serious question marks. Rick always played young guys that earn minutes. Brunson started 38 games and averaged 22 mpg in his rookie year under Rick.

As a side note, I couldn't be happier with Nico. He is doing a fabulous job.

Nellie & Donnie struck gold in the draft with two generational players in Dirk and Luka. Count Brunson in there, too. Otherwise their draft record was pretty abysmal with a few other exceptions. I will give them credit, however, for making a few good trades which really boosted the franchise. 

But what Niko is doing is phenonemal. I was watching a national broadcast the other day (and typically I could care less what those talking heads have to say), but I think it was Michael Wilbon who put it perfectly…..after the loss of Brunson, the picks given up in the Kyrie trade, the draft “tank-gate”, and the Grant Williams miss, Niko otherwise threaded the needle perfectly  with the draft of DL3, the signings of DJJ and Exum, and then the trades for PJW and DG. There was literally no room for error for the Mavs to contend this year and beyond, and he succeeded.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by OBX Maverick - 05-20-2024, 05:11 PM
RE: Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread - by raf - 05-19-2024, 09:47 PM