Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-2)
Awesome game!!! I rarely complain about refs but I think they were awful in the first half. Just one example - Luka gets whistled for a blocking foul (the one they reviewed) which was a borderline one. Then immediately on the other side Joe is far less in position than Luka was and of course Luka gets called for offensive foul. Or this one for example - no foul on Luka TO but immediately a foul on SGA on the other side for something that looked just as much "all ball" as on the Luka TO.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events?CFID=&CFPARAMS=&GameEventID=29&GameID=0042300226&Season=2023-24&flag=1&title=Doncic%20Lost%20Ball%20Turnover%20(P2.T3)

Still, Mavs made a lot of unforced mistakes, but hot shooting when needed most. 47 % from three and role players punishing OKC defense for giving them the Giddey treatment. DJJ was naturally the big outlier shooting 4-4 from three in the second half. Lively had an awesome game and he absolutely dominated Chet on the boards. Another forgettable game from THJ, no idea why Kidd plays him together with Hardy. Another so-so game from Green. Should take some shots instead of passing, but hustled on defense. Hardy provided some offense and I don't think it was his fault for Mavs being -15 in his minutes. Luka had a bit of a sloppy start, but was super efficient overall. Again a great defensive performance from him (he should definitely get the defensive Dirkie for the playoffs so far). Kyrie was aggresive in the second half - not super efficient but I think it did open things and made life easier for rest of the team.

Mavs in 6, as I knew will be from the series start Smile Smile Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Lukedoncic, Reunion Mav
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-3) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3-2) - by omahen - 05-18-2024, 10:24 PM