Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A hot take that really isn't a hot take
(05-17-2024, 08:14 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Yep.  I forgot who said it a few weeks ago but someone said the Mavs need to look at these type of players at this asking price.  1 first round pick and contracts.  It takes really good scouting and some good luck.  I really agreed with this take.   As long as Kyrie stays near this level, the Mavs don't need another star.  Plus, the pick hoarders were probably always going to beat the Mavs out for a star anyway.   It puts them in a much different place than a lot of teams who are star hunting.   White took a first round pick.  Aaron Gordon first round pick.  PJ first round pick.  There are plenty of others.   These are the types of guys Dallas needs to find.   The good thing is with their current roster and young prospects they don't need to jump on the first player.  I figure if Green does not make a jump, he could be paired with a first for this type of player.   It could be several players on our team that could be in that package.

I would take DFS back, but things have changed.   I thought he would be a guy I would target...although I found it hard finding a deal that works for both teams.  I know think I would want a higher tier player and would be willing to wait because of the roster we already have.

DFS has lost it some IMO. He hasn't been as impactful since he went to Brooklyn. PJ is definitely the better player and fit for this team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A hot take that really isn't a hot take - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-17-2024, 09:24 PM