Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2)
(05-16-2024, 09:03 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This is true, and yet…there’s just something about him that always leaves me wanting. I can’t really explain it.

He's extremely passive. He plays akin to a cook who has the ability to create these delicious Michelin star meals but prefers to make kraft mac n cheese. Now don't get me wrong, kraft mac n cheese is delicious and this cook makes it really well. But you see this very talented dude who has the ability to be a great cook resign himself to making a relatively basic dish because of some mental block or what have you. It's pretty unsatisfying....

Ok that isn't the best analogy. I tried. I love Josh. But his unwillingness to assert himself in games drives me a bit insane. There was a moment in game 5 where the Mavs were running their post up play for Luka on the wing and Josh had to throw an entry pass. The Thunder knew it was coming and his defender (I think it was Wallace) just sags off of Josh totally and doubles Luka. Josh was WIDE open for a 3. He was WIDE open to drive. He instead forces the pass to Luka because that was the designed play. It was a very hard pass that was nearly stolen. Josh is a near 40% 3pt shooter. The Thunder openly disrespected him by literally leaving him on the wing and giving him an open lane and Josh just let it happen.

That moment is a microcosm of Greens' issue. There was a point last year where that was a drive that leads to a dunk or dish. Heck maybe even a 3. 

Whatever it's not worth chastising the dude after a win and he is no where close to being the main impact guy for the Mavs. But if he could play with the same confidence as PJ or DJJ, Josh would be a 16ppg 2-way monster. Sad he can't seem to realize that.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, RGP1981, Winter
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2) - by SleepingHero - 05-16-2024, 11:16 PM