Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2)
(05-16-2024, 05:30 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: My semi-annual reminder that our beloved Dorian Finney-Smith was the same age, 23, in his Rookie Season as our much maligned Josh Green is now. I remember at one time it was that Josh would never be a legit 3 point shooter. And he’s 40% and 38.5 last two years. Settle down people. Josh’s best basketball is still ahead of him. He’s still probably 4-5 years away from his prime.

I love me some Green. He's largely stagnated this last year. 23 is very very young though. Player improvement is rarely, if ever, a linear one. Maybe Green takes another step. 

Either way what he is right now, today, is still a very productive member of the team. He's not the best defender. He's not the best shooter. He's not the best passer. But he does bring all of those things and does them at an okay rate. 

I don't want to trade Josh unless it's for a clear, bonafide upgrade.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2) - by SleepingHero - 05-16-2024, 11:07 PM