Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-1)
This one slipped away and it could cost us dearly, because once you go up 3-1, this series is effectively over. Now I don't know what do expect going forward.

But honestly, we will not win it this year regardless, unless somehow a miracle happens and Luka gets back to being healthy (which, as I understand, is out of the question). Luka plays like crap (by his standards) and it is getting worse, not better. How many teams have dragged their transcendet superstar to a title? i'd wager: Zero.

So we should enjoy the games while they last and get our boys positive experience. Luka will be happy with the season after the TDL (especially if we make it to the WCF again) and will stick around. This team will be even better next year. And Luka will hopefully not be injured, not fat anymore and a little more mature. The we have everything we need.

But seriously, this season IS over, even if we win this series. No great Luka, no title. So actually it doesn't really matter from now on.

But what many people don't seem to understand is how an injury also affects your psychology. You know you are not 100 percent, so you lose trust in everything you do, because the confidence is gone. You are waiting for the injury to hurt and limit you. You are not 100% focused anymore. All the people bitching about Luka not making his shots or throwing errant passes "is not due to his injury" are laughable and have probably never done any sports in any capacity and should just stop it right here. It's embarassing how little you guys apparently udnerstand about body and mind in sports.
[-] The following 4 users Like meistermatze's post:
  • mvossman, omahen, Reunion Mav, rocky164
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 4 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-1) - by meistermatze - 05-15-2024, 03:34 AM