Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
Thanks to hakeem's and fifteenth's apology.  I do sincerely appreciate it.

I do want to address one thing from an earlier post, lumping me in with the demand for Kerr to comment on China.  My point was always consistency and hypocrisy. 

I don't need Kerr to speak on ANYTHING political, ever, really.  Some don't hear me demanding that he speak because I care what he thinks and need it.

What I don't appreciate is inconsistency.  You alluded to this later, which is only being "woke" (my terminology choice) when it doesn't cost you anything OR, which is a bigger pet peeve of mine, to use "virtue signaling" as a marketting tool to increase yours or your team's or the NBA's brand...which is what I think most of them are doing.  I think if the largest market share of money changed their values to the opposite values tomorrow, as in say a war happened and then it was all about owning a gun and standing for your country, the NBA would be literally running and leaping legs spread wide to wrap themselves around the NRA and pose with an American flag and a weapon.

That's my point...and LeBron is kind of proving it, sort of.  They are only woke when it makes them money....if it takes enough money away, they back down.  It's just a matter of a figure, not a value.

CAVEAT OF FAIRNESS:  The only real reason that I can see this not being about money would be if Kerr and LeBron are concerned if their comments might cause retribution to come onto former NBA players who are playing in China or current players like Klay Thompson who have deals with Chinese businesses.

In America, the league carries enough power, but in China, you saw last weekend, that the Chinese will just say "forget you, I'm out" and in 4 hours it will be massively different.  If that were to happen here, the NBA would be changing their tune also.   If they are worried that the Chinese will start treating Americans in China like the Turkish government is treating Enes Kantor and his family in retribution...I can see them not wanting to say anything.

At the same time, that sound you hear is the water bubbling up through the hole in their "WOKE BOAT" as it sinks along with their credibility.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by TXBamanut - 10-15-2019, 04:19 PM