Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 4 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-1)
(05-14-2024, 01:03 PM)audiosway Wrote: I get all of this. I think Luka's biggest problem right now isn't the injury as much as how he is handling the injury. I get it that he is frustrated because he can't do all of the things he normally does. But, he is letting it get to him to the point that he is forcing passes and not focusing like he normally would.

He HAS to stop complaining to the refs. That just makes it harder for them to want to call things his way. (They are people after all. Although sometimes I wonder. lol)

It also changes the mood of the rest of the team. They feed off of him. If he is frustrated and frantic they will make mistakes too. 7 TOs is unacceptable. He just needs to grow up a bit and settle down. Play within himself even if it is less than he would normally be able to do. Be patient.

Him complaining to the refs isn't as concerning in and of itself as the facts that 1) evidently Kidd and Kai, both of whom he respects enormously, are incapable of getting him to stop it, and 2) he evidently isn't intelligent or emotionally mature enough to see for himself how much it hurts the team. Those two things lead me counterintuitively to believe that he's going to be like this - or worse - for the entirety of the rest of his career.

He has the talent level to be top five of all time, but GOATs don't have that glaring of Achilles' heels. This is like Roy Tarpley if Roy had Wilt Chamberlain's skill level. Tragic.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 4 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (1-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-1) - by Scott41theMavs - 05-14-2024, 01:59 PM