Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
(05-09-2024, 11:34 AM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/2024/5/8/24151...ty-thunder

Interesting read on Luka Doncic.

It's not interesting at all. It's complete and utter garbage in which Beck basically says whatever he wants to disparage Luka because it's the cool thing to do right now.

How many years have we heard the Mavs have given Luka no help? What does Beck describe Mavs team of the past? 
Quote:He’d played with a young All-Star (Kristaps Porzingis), a future All-Star (Jalen Brunson), and a star-crossed former champion (Kyrie Irving).

Anyone who had a modicum of knowledge of the Mavs the last 3 years would know that KP wasn't an all-star here. JB had a single playoff run where he looked like an all-star. And for Kyrie, here's what Beck had to say not just a year ago, https://thesmokingcuban.com/posts/dallas...oward-beck

Quote:I can't think of a midseason trade, an in-season trade, that was as catastrophic as this one," Howard Beck said

So goalposts moved by a mile here.
Then Beck goes on to lambast Luka for his heliocentric playstyle, but curiously has praised Jalen Brunson for playing quite literally the exact same way and has led Knicks to success...??????????? Inconsistent hate and bashing. It makes me furious. 
Beck then says the Mavs haven't had any success with Luka. Meanwhile at 20 he took the Clips (who were favored to win it all that year) to 6 games with an injured KP, hurt ankle, and bereft roster. Next year took those same Clips to 7 games with largely the same roster and a KP who has come out and said he mailed it in himself. At 23 he then went to the WCF. The 1 year he's missed the playoffs since his rookie year the Mavs started Theo Pinson and Christian Wood (and even then the Mavs were the 3rd seed at one point that season). 

Lastly the timing of this article is the most suspect hit piece I've ever seen. He didn't dare drop this after the Mavs closed out the Clippers in 6. He didn't try and drop this when the Mavs catapulted themselves into a top 6 seed from 9th in April. I don't know who Luka pissed off to have this narrative drummed up against him. This is one of the most baseless silly claims I've ever seen written. Beck is a NY shill who has a clear agenda. He should be ashamed of himself that he is so vapid and money hungry that he has to create this false narrative to get clicks. He shouldn't ever write an article again under the guise of journalism. He should switch career paths because the work he is doing is actively harming society by lowering the IQ of everyone who reads his drivel.  Fuck you Howard Beck. I mean that truly. 

Each year the team improved and got better. Luka improved and added to his game. To say Luka doesn't affect winning is one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen written. On/Off numbers be damned.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 7 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, fifteenth, Lukedoncic, michaeltex, RGP1981, Scott41theMavs, surfpuckmd
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks - by SleepingHero - 05-09-2024, 02:13 PM