Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 1 2024 Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks (0-0) vs. Oklahoma City Thunder (0-0)
(05-08-2024, 01:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Great post. I've been beating the same drum for weeks that OKC is not your average, young, inexperienced team. SGA is the head of the snake, just like Luka. They're well coached, and they were at or near the top of the West all year with Minnesota. They have a better bench, and although they don't have bigs with girth, they all are good defensively, fast, and athletic and surprisingly they won the rebound battle. It doesn't help that Luka is hobbled for sure. Dallas is still in this thing, but if they don't get more help from other than Ky and Luka, this could be a short series.

I think they're also fortunate to have Lu Dort to matchup on Luka.  Luka is almost always stronger than the guy guarding him and can usually bully his way to the rim.  Lu Dort is built like an NFL linebacker though and can hold his own against Luka.  Luka has a nice height advantage against Dort and should be able to shoot over him but Dort is a really awesome defensive player.  

Everyone is high on the Timberwolves right now and rightfully so.  I think the Thunder look just as talented though.  It's fascinating to see the shift in power in the playoffs this season.  It feels like Game of Thrones.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
Q - by surfpuckmd - 05-08-2024, 01:34 PM
RE: Q - by HoosierDaddyKid - 05-08-2024, 01:47 PM
RE: Q - by surfpuckmd - 05-08-2024, 02:18 PM