Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
(05-07-2024, 09:30 AM)mvossman Wrote: Luka averaged over 42 minutes and Kyrie averaged 40.  I don't know that they are going to play less in this series.  I would pencil both in for 40 per game.

PJ and DJJ have been crucial, and will be even more so with no Maxi.  I think their minutes will go up.

Exum played 8 minutes a game and looked terrible doing it.  Not sure what his problem is, but I wouldn't pencil him in for 26 minutes until I see some sign that he is back to what he was earlier in the season.

I see something like:

Luka:    42 
Kyrie:    40
PJ:        40
DJJ:      36
Gaff:     24
Lively:   24
Green:  16

That leaves 18 minutes for Timmy and Exum.  My guess is Timmy gets a crack at them and we find out if we have pre TDL Timmy or post TDL Timmy.

I am going to be interested to see how Exum responds.  It seems like round 1 he just didn't have the space he had during the regular season.   I am not sure if that was just playoff basketball or the size the Clippers had.  Or maybe he just feeling the pressure a tad.  

I expect the OKC series to have the floor more spread out and i think Dallas will need more ball creation on the floor.  OKC is probably going to try to really pressure Luka.   Getting the 15-20 minute per game Exum game would really help here.   Having him make good decisions with the ball is also important.  OKC thrives on turnovers.   If Mavs can keep track of the ball, I think this will be one of the keys to the series.  One team who get a lot of turnovers vs one team that doesn't turn the ball over a lot.   

I do wonder if we see some Luka at PF with a big.  Something like Lively, Luka, Jones, Green, Exum.   Maybe Hardaway instead of Jones to allow us to spread the floor but also make OKC worried about a big going to the rim or waiting at the rim on defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs- 2nd Round: Oklahoma City Thunder - Dallas Mavericks - by Chicagojk - 05-07-2024, 09:46 AM