Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-15-2019, 12:59 PM)luka_skywalker_77 Wrote: I think we agree on most of it, but where it pisses off my sports me, is this irritating, mind numbing hypocrisy--as if we don't exactly why they are doing this. It's that they think people are stupid and we can't see through the bs.

I think it's pretty cool that due to China's overreaction to Morey's tweet that China is now receiving more pressure (via U.S. citizens pressuring the U.S. gvt) about how they deal with Hong Kong. 

Regarding the rest of your post I think that if I responded to it I'd just be retyping the way too many words that I've already typed :-)

(10-15-2019, 01:06 PM)Jym Wrote: I support the push for continued autonomy like was agreed to in the 1990s. Hard to deny that the mainland hasnt chipped away at that slowly. 
So this is great if China pulls back a bit and follows the rules and timeline they agreed to. 
But it seems like a lot of people are behind the idea of a full breakaway. China would prefer to just completely crush the island before they would let that happen. 
No outside country could really stop that either.

Insightful stuff I think. Yeah, I don't know that the rest of the world should be pushing China to allow Hong Kong secession. Not only would that probably not end well, it would feel to China like the original taking of Hong Kong all over again. One Nation, Two Systems, is probably the best that Hong Kong will be able to do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by fifteenth - 10-15-2019, 01:20 PM