Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (3-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-3)
(05-03-2024, 11:30 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Five days rest for Luka. Should be enough to get over the cold. Not sure about the knee. Did not look good in the 4th quarter.

I may be wrong, but I think it was the other leg that was troubling him in the fourth. 

In any case, Mavs in 6! They were just a better team and if the Clipps wouldn't have had two out of the world shooting performances, the series would be even shorter. Mavs played phenomenal defense whole series and showed huge heart always fighting, even when down 31. They also showed they have the mental stability and were not rattled even when they lost the fourth game which could change the momentum with series moving back to LA. 

They also overcame a not a great series by Luka. He did control most of the games, but his shot was just off. No idea what happened, is it the leg bothering him or just a shooting slump. Shots he was taking he was hitting at good percentage whole season. For example most of his three pointers tonight, those were easy shots in regular season. He has 5 days to work over it now and I expect he appears in the second round as the playoff Luka we know from the past. 

Minor note for todays fourth quarter. Luka checked out when Mavs got that huge lead. Like us, it seems he said to himself "the series is over". Might be all the effort of the series came after him and all the pains from the injuries he has. Whatever. I knew he will miss those shots he had to took at the end of offenses (I think it was three in a row). I think Kidd should recognize that and take him out, bringing in a guy with energy to fight for a couple of minutes and then return a fresher and more focused Luka if needed.
[-] The following 4 users Like omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft, Reunion Mav, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 6 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (3-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-3) - by omahen - 05-04-2024, 12:13 AM