Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-2)
(05-02-2024, 11:50 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: It's not a confident thing for Green...he just has zero skills on offense and the team knows it. They probably barely develop any offensive skills for him in practice because at this point, they know all he can be is a guy who runs around and gets rebounds. I actually don't think he's been playing scared on offense, he just can't shoot at all so he's been playing the only way he can to try to stay on the court. If you want him to shoot open shots then he will look like Westbrook and go 1-8 to hurt the team (also why they play better without THJ since they don't have to worry about his cold shooting being a negative). At best, Green is a 10-15 minute energy player who can provide some quick rest for the starters but that's it.

I fully expect them to finally trade Green and THJ this summer to upgrade for bigger/longer players as it's evident with DJJ and PJ those are the types of players who fit better on offense and defense.

Whatever players that they trade for, if they're not 6'7" or taller with long arms then I'm not interested!

i  disagree completely.  The kid has some talent. He has shown he can shoot the corner 3 and has shown the ability to take the ball to the rim. I wouldn’t mind at all if he took a deep breath and shot a wide open 3 when the opportunity presented.  It just looks right now like the intensity and speed of the playoff game is spinning him in circles. It’s even shown on the defensive end…..Take for instance when he drew the charge on (i think it was) Powell. He was flying out of control and had not a clue he was about to get laid out. Ends up flying sideways into the seats like a rag doll.  It was almost comical. I am rooting for the kid and would love for him to provide a productive 15 minutes of hustle and open shot-making when he’s in there. 

Will be interesting to see, however,  if he gets any playing time when THJ returns.
“BE CURIOUS, NOT JUDGMENTAL…”
[-] The following 1 user Likes OBX Maverick's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Dallas Mavericks (2-2) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (2-2) - by OBX Maverick - 05-02-2024, 12:58 PM