Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks- MAVS WIN 4-2!
(04-19-2024, 11:46 AM)Winter Wrote: I'm watching Kyrie interviews about the playoffs. Twitter (X) is full of them if you're a Mavs fan.

Listening to him, I keep wondering how I missed the boat.  These comments are eye-opening. It's hard to imagine a more seasoned leader for this Mavs team. I suppose it's possible that my negative reaction to him initially was partly shaped by the media, but it equally bad how much I assumed I knew about the guy... and how much more to him there is as a basketball player.

I mean...he like one of if not the most liked guys in the league. You would think if he is as bad as the media wants you to believe...players wouldnt like him. The guy has Luka-ish wizardry and makes no bones about being second fiddle.

Have you seen him helping up off the floor and patting the butts of all the young kids around the league that we face?

He isnt some gangster that thinks being unreasonable is cool...like Rasheed Wallace or someone.  He seems to genuinely want others and the youngins to feel inspired to keep playing.  By all accounts he seems like a good dude that doesnt think he is above anyone else.

Now..I guess there are a few things the anti-Ky crowd are clutching to suggest he isnt some great person.  I dont know what happened in Brooklyn or Boston.   I think its mostly Brooklyn they say he broke up the team.   All I know is that KD and him were getting along like besties even at the very end of Brooklyn breakup.  Maybe Ky made a business decision for himself here or there...but so do A LOT of NBA players.

The hate towards the guy is so clownish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes youzigizag's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Playoffs - 1st Round: Los Angeles Clippers - Dallas Mavericks - by youzigizag - 04-19-2024, 11:56 AM