Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who has the most to gain/lose during the rest of the season?
(02-23-2024, 08:42 AM)loki Wrote: I think it's THJ. If he can find a way to be effective in a reduced role the Mavs could keep him around next year. If not, this may be the offseason they dump him for a 2nd round pick (assuming they can't package him with a pick for an upgrade) and look for guys like Exum/Hardy/DJJ to take his minutes.

It probably should be Kidd, but it feels like the Mavs are committed to him. He's likely to stick around no matter what happens the rest of the season. Other guys like PJ and Green have a lot to prove but aren't likely to be dangled in trades.

I think I pass...even as good as hes been this year and less frustrating.

I am highly confident THJ has Jerami Grant syndrome...he wants to shoot the ball over team performance.

Last night he did it again...late in second half...took the ball up court and you could tell he was licking his chops, the ball was his and he was not about to pass it...sure enough...awful pull up contested 3 off balance.

He has main character syndrome.

Mavs took a chance on PJ Washington even though his defensive advanced stats werent good.   I am wondering if all the complaints about Wiggins arent just blowing hot air to blow hot air.   I watched the Lakers/GSW game last night to see how Wiggins played compared to Washington athletically...Wiggins is a completely different animal athletically.   They are both 6'7 with similar wingspans...but PJ weighs 35lbs more...so you really cant compare them too much even though 35 pounds spread over a 6'7 frame isnt that much.

I was very anti-PJ based on eye test...and the analytics didnt support PJ either.   Looks like he could be a good fit.   Are we so sure that Wiggins couldnt return to GSW Championship form from a couple of years ago.   He didnt look lazy last night at all.   He would up the size/defense of this team.

Here is the thing...posters hate his contract and think he has a loser mentality.   Yet...his performance in the Championship supported his pay and he certainly did not look like a loser killing it on defense then.  

Ultimately my post comes down to some of the points made in this thread...Wiggins:

1)Ups the size of team wing wise
2)Adds lengthy proven defense
3)Can do things offensively
4)Is supposedly gettable and you might get something back from GSW for taking on the contract
5)Most importantly...he doesnt require the ball which fits perfect with Luka

Can he guard POA?  He seems athletic enough and has long arms which seem like it would make it difficult to get around him.  But I dont know.

He is 29.  Not that big a deal, but not perfect.   Contract would end when he is 32 or 33.

I am spit balling because I cant think of a lengthy wing that checks all the boxes that is gettable without mortgaging the future.   I know posters on here are tired of the Wiggins talk and overly hate him for some reason...but I cant think of another player that checks all the boxes that is available and wont cost a bunch.   

I guess 25M ascending is too steep...and I get it.   

I have read recently that GSW were looking for a shooter like THJ.  There have been mentions of Josh Green would look good in GSW system.  I might be the biggest Josh Green supporter here.  Dont want to lose him at all.   But if he soils the sheets in Playoffs and general consensus is he should be traded sooner than later...wouldnt Green/THJ get it done and maybe get something back?

Which bargain bin wings would you rather have that have size and arent too expensive to acquire asset wise?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who has the most to gain/lose during the rest of the season? - by youzigizag - 02-23-2024, 10:24 AM