Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Game 48: Dallas Mavericks (26-21) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (33-14)
(02-01-2024, 02:53 AM)omahen Wrote: This game was a really tough watch. Minny was just cruising, Ant totally not interested. Missed a bunch of wide open looks and free throws. I know starters were out and everything, but these kind of games are an opportunity for others to show what they got. I don't think anyone really took it. Perhaps Holmes, who was miles better than Powell in this one.

Green was good and it is not his fault he is not a PG. I wonder why they didn't give more run to the only actual PG they have (that 2-way guy). Holmes had a solid game and THJ tried. Omax was ok. Rest was beyond bad. I was never a Maxi fan, but this version of him is just painful to watch on offense. Lost ball every time he decides to do something. GWill should be embarassed about himself. Curry and Hardy were lost.

Omax isn't ready yet.  What I noticed about him is he disappears too much on the floor (even in the G-league) and then has a quick snippet of a wow play...and than disappears again.   He seems a little confused out there, especially on offense.  This leads to him being hesitant.   Right now he sort of runs to the corner and stays there.  No cutting.  No hard cut to the ball when someone picks up his dribble. Etc.   That is a little disappointing.  G-League minutes are probably best for him to get reps.   I think he should have been given more minutes last night though.   I didn't like how he was pulled so early in the second half.

I agree about Brandon Williams.   Last night was supposedly one of the reasons you wanted a G-league point guard.   The offense was really bad.  It would have been bad with Brandon Williams too, but maybe it would have at least took that responsibilty off guys who have trouble running an offense. 

Mavs may have made a mistake on Grant Williams (that hurts to say).   His offense is going to be really rough when he isn't making threes.  But what about the other parts of his game?  I think him and DFS are comparable talents.   DFS would play good and smart defense, get hustle plays and rebound at different times.  Even when his offense was off.  Williams had 1 rebound last night.   Is ok on defense, and probably bad off the ball defense.   last night Hardy through a pass a feet or two to his side.  He had no movement to catch the pass.  It was a bad pass, but shouldn't have been a turnover.  The more I watch him, the more I think I really put a priority on quickness as the PF.  

We need to give Maxi time coming back from injury.   I did not like how he was moving in preseason though.  Right now he is not moving like a rotation NBA player.   Walking on eggshells out there.   The Mavs FO better not be counting on him moving forward.  if so, that is a bad mistake.

This offseason we are going to see if Cuban is really serious about going all out to win a championship.  I am not saying fire Kidd right now or that he should be fired, but you need to have a honest conversation if he is a championship level coach.   Him being a good friend of both Nico and Cuban for a long time and players like him is no reason to keep him if you think he is not a championship level coach.  This is business...not a buddy camp.   You have to have those conversations.  No need to mess around when you have Luka.   Everything stopping this team from getting to the next level needs to be changed...no matter how hard those decisions are.  Right now, I think you can upgrade there.  Injuries or not, you need to be able to make hard decisions this summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game 48: Dallas Mavericks (26-21) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (33-14) - by Chicagojk - 02-01-2024, 06:57 AM