Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...NBA will lose $400 million
(10-13-2019, 11:37 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: "Who's taking up for China?????"  Did you read this thread or even this page?  The dude above that started out his rant with "if they are really that bad..."  Duh.  That's defending them as not really being that bad or it's a poor choice of words to present as otherwise.

hakeemfan can take care of himself, but I'll chime in...he didn't take up for China! His response to this thread's demand that an NBA coach speak out against China was to point out that our government (who should be more well versed in foreign policy than an NBA coach) has not made the statements about China that you guys are demanding of an NBA coach. 

You guys want Kerr to make statements about China because you don't like his politics, and so you gleefully see a chance to nail him. I don't care about his politics, or yours for that matter, and I just don't get the need to demand foreign policy statements from NBA coaches. I don't need Kerr's thoughts about China. I don't care. And I submit that you guys don't actually care about what Kerr, or Morey, think about Hong Kong protests either! You're only involved in this because you see a chance to pounce on someone who thinks differently than you do, not about China, but about US vs THEM American politics. I don't necessarily think like Kerr, but I see no reason to cherry pick his statements so that I can run wild eyed to pounce on him. What a strange way to interact with the world. It's one of the things that make the internet so ridiculous. 

Kerr's involvement in domestic politics is his business. Your "stay in your lane" statement is anti-democracy. What do you do for a living? Are you swerving outside your lane by voicing political opinions? If you had a microphone stuck in your face by reporters would you consider it your duty to "stay in your lane" and refrain from comment about domestic issues?

Your last statement was that you didn't agree with my stance on Kerr. That's fine, I like you, I don't demand that you think like I do and I could just end this there, but you said a lot of other stuff too and I guess I'm not done :-). The deal is, there is no way you can bend the English language in a way that shows Kerr comparing domestic and foreign issues. You can't use Kerr's words to show that he's doing what you claim. The clearest reading of what Kerr said, based on his own words is that when asked about foreign affairs he basically said "I'm sticking to domestic affairs".
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: NEWS: China upset w/ NBA...teams planning for 20-21 salary cap to drop up to 15% - by fifteenth - 10-14-2019, 10:28 AM